Order a repeat prescription
For patients on regular medication a repeat prescription can usually be issued on the advice of the doctor, either on-line (see link below) or
- hand in your request personally at the reception desk or
- place in the prescriptions letter box in the waiting room or
- post your request with an enclosed stamped self-addressed envelope or
- fax to 01943-604466
- Click here to order a prescription through SystmOnline In order to use this service you will need a USERNAME and PASSWORD. To obtain this information please speak to Reception. Proof of identity must be brought with you when registering e.g. utility bill, drivers licence or passport.
Please note when using SystmOnline: If you are unable to order your regular medication by selecting the tick boxes (this can occasionally happen if you are making an early request) please scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the 'custom request' box to place your order.
Please allow a minimum of 4 working days for your prescription to be issued.
We regret we are no longer able to accept telephone requests for prescriptions.
We are not a dispensing practice. However you can arrange for your prescriptions to be collected from Lloyds Pharmacy, Boots, or Clayfields (Addingham) ONLY IF you have an existing arrangement with one of them. Otherwise you should collect your prescription from the surgery.
Important Notice Regarding the Return of Medicines
All unused or unwanted medicines must be returned to the pharmacy and not to the doctors' surgery.
Prescription Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £8.50
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or renew a pre-payment certificate online
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS Choices Website